The Paradoxical Modern India

What I write is what I look around..n I get the best chance to look into the Indian mindset while I travel..n me being accustomed to almost nomadic lyfstyle.. i travel quite frequently..n that too by train..d lifeline of India..

It is a few days back that I boarded the train...as always it was packed n me searchin for a little space to even put a single bag in my entire compartment. n then luckily I could see some vacant space in top berth n I rested my bag there..After a while as I settled down..i took out the book from my bag...d one borrowed from someone for a while but with me for a while for the lack of time to read it..n I started going through it...

Just the next station arrived in a matter of half an hour..n with the noise around I started rolling my eyes over d compartment and me being the observer by nature started to think on what I see.

What I see around is a couple in my compartment.. d husband would b around 35..in mid thirties..n d wife would b around 30..may b in early thirties or late twenties...

With them was a girl aged nearly 11..seemed to be stuyin in Std 5...had an anxiety to look into my book..i appreciate that bt I fear she didnt knew english much that she can understand nything in it..

Then I see further..a girl aged nearly 7 or 8..interested in eating the food carried with them and njoying the wind from the train window..

then again a girl aged nearly 4..cute as it can be..n among few cute faces i have seen around these days...n d cuteness of her face prompted me to ask her name..n her name as charming as her face..on and all..she was very sweet..

n then suddenly i hear d cry..n as I see it was the small baby boy around age of 2...

I could nt hold back my thoughts any further..The tornado of thoughts looped my mind..Is it the India of 21st century that people still go on n on for a single boy child upto the tym that they r left with nothing to offer to that child ? not even the basic amenities like good food n education wat is required for a child to grow up n be ready for this society.. I hear n read newspaper everyday that we are growing. But I still doubt are we growing ?

Has our mindset changed or is it the same that was 2 decades ago ? Or is it our cullture n ppl around that are not allowing us to think rite.. I pondered over it for a while n again I went back to book n started readin from where I left..

But this incident left me with so many unanswered questions. n I leave it to readers to answer them in your own way..n make people around u too think..i know there r lot of burning questions here..i hope you make a difference.

n wid this I sign off..to allow you to make India a better place to live in..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Train Journey

a day in lyf of IT

Emptiness..Part1